From industrial applications to manhole installations, the LaserFlow offers versatile configuration options to give you the flexibility to measure water flow in most open channel applications. The sensor is compatible with both the Signature flow meter for permanent discharge compliance monitoring, and the 2160 module for everything from portable surveys to permanent installations. Both flow meters have a variety of communication options for remote data access and programming, eliminating the need for frequent site visits.
Single or Multiple Point Measurement
Depending on your application needs, the LaserFlow device can be programmed to take velocity measurements at single or multiple points below the water's surface, producing an accurate mean liquid flow rate.
Remote Ultrasonic Option
In applications where the level measurement point of the built-in ultrasonic and the measurement point of the laser velocity are of different elevations, such as a free-falling outfall or drop manhole, the remote ultrasonic option can be used so that both measurement points reference the same elevation.
Due to unique site requirements, various mounting hardware is available for use with the LaserFlow sensor and 310 remote ultrasonic sensor.
Optional Submerged Functionality
During submerged conditions, when water flow reaches the LaserFlow flow sensor, the optional bottom-mounted TIENet™ 350 Area Velocity sensor seamlessly takes over the flow rate measurement. The sensor provides ultrasonic Doppler velocity measurement and Differential Pressure level measurement within a wide range of operating temperatures. This option measures flow in the pipe/channel. By measuring velocity over a large area, the ultrasonic Doppler technology provides more accurate flow rates during submerged conditions.
Optional Redundant Measurement
For redundant measurement at critical monitoring sites, a unique flexibility is added by the optional 350 water flow sensor when mounted at the bottom of the pipe. This water flow sensor provides redundant velocity, level, and flow data from the same site as the LaserFlow flow meter.
Easy and Secure Retrieval/Replacement Without Manhole Entry
Following initial installation and adjustment, the water flow sensor can be installed or removed as needed without manhole entry in most situations, using the optional water flow sensor retrieval arm to grasp the handle.
The handle's simple yet effective locking mechanism holds the water flow sensor securely in place, and is easy to engage and release from above ground.
- Non-contact velocity and level measurement
- Single or Multiple Point measurement below the liquid surface
- Rugged, submersible enclosure with IP68 ingress protection
- Zero deadband from measurement point in non-contact level and velocity measurements
- Quality readings without manual profiling
- Bidirectional velocity measurement
- MCERTS Class 2
- Permanent and portable for CSO, SSO, I&I, SSEs, CMOM, and other sewer monitoring programs
- Shallow measurement in varying pipe sizes
- Wastewater treatment plant influent, process, and effluent
- Industrial process and discharge
- Stormwater conveyance and outfall
- Irrigation canals and channels
Options and Accessories
- Functionality during submerged conditions via Ultrasonic Doppler technology
- Redundant operation with simultaneous Continuous Wave Doppler or Ultrasonic Level Sensing
- Permanent and temporary mounting hardware
- Sensor retrieval arm enables installation and removal without confined space entry
- Remote ultrasonic level sensor options for drop manhole and outfall applications