Preparative Chromatography: The basics
If you’re new to chromatography or are just looking for a refresher, this 45-minute webinar plus Q&A session, delivered by Teledyne ISCO’s chromatography expert and innovator Jack Silver, is for you.
This information is applicable to preparative chromatography, analytical chromatography and all SFC (supercritical fluid chromatography), HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatography) or flash chromatography systems, no matter the manufacturer.
We’ll discuss common mistakes even seasoned chemists make when running TLC (thin layer chromatography) plates and offer solutions that will have you running TLC and other chromatography systems with greater confidence, speed and accuracy.
You will learn:
- The grand unification theory of chromatography and about “strong” and “weak” solvents and their applicability for all types of chromatography.
- What is normal phase and reverse phase chromatography? When do you use each one?
- How to use strong and weak solvents to adjust compound retention.
- How you can use solvent selectivity to adjust compound resolution and retention.
- How your UV/UV-vis detector works