Teledyne ISCO Is Open During COVID-19
Teledyne ISCO is categorized as an essential business. Our manufacturing facilities remain open during the COVID-19 emergency to continue making critical shipments to pharmaceutical drug developers and manufacturers worldwide. Teledyne ISCO's management, engineering, customer service and sales personnel remain available on-site or through phone, email, and remote services to handle orders and inquiries from new and existing customers and to provide product presentations and demonstrations online. Our U.S. domestic and international contacts can be found here.
How Teledyne ISCO Is Keeping Employees and Visitors Safe.
Teledyne ISCO's senior management, health and safety team, and all employees are working diligently to guard against the spread of COVID-19. We have implemented CDC guidelines for manufacturing facilities and are taking additional actions as follows.
- Employees who are able to work from home are encouraged to do so.
- Employees on-site are encouraged to wear face masks and to keep at least six feet away from each other as much as possible.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection procedures are in place.
- Workstations, break rooms, and other areas have been modified to facilitate social distancing.
- Employees are provided with hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
- Employees are encouraged to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- Employees are trained in the recognition of COVID-19 symptoms and those who are sick or potentially sick are required to stay home and to report their symptoms.
- Extensive protocols are in place to be executed by management in the event an employee or visitor tests positive for COVID-19.
- Visitors are required to obtain permission before entering the building and are encouraged to wear facemasks and practice social distancing while in the facility.
- All employees have been educated on how to protect themselves and others around them at work and at home.
- COVID-19 meetings are held daily to continuously evaluate the safety of employees and visitors and to adjust our actions as necessary.
How Teledyne Companies Are Contributing to the Fight
- Teledyne ISCO's automated water-sampling instruments are being used extensively to track COVID-19 in wastewater.
- Teledyne DALSA has released a new line of long-range infrared cameras to provide contactless detection of elevated skin temperature and fever screening.
- Teledyne e2v's advanced CCD image sensor technology is being used in microscopy and other scientific imaging applications for diagnostic testing of COVID-19.
- Teledyne SSI's precision high-pressure pumps are being used in instrumentation at the National Institute of Health (NIH) and Center for Disease Control (CDC) researching the nature of the novel coronavirus. A major biopharmaceutical company on the front line of vaccine R&D and production-process development, that could be the first company to provide an effective vaccine for worldwide use, is also using Teledyne SSI pumps in their work.
- Teledyne ISCO's chromatography systems are being used in research and development and in production of COVID-19 vaccines, drug treatments, and testing kits.
- Companies and universities engaged in drug research are using our CombiFlash® NextGen flash chromatography systems, while pharmaceutical companies involved in drug production are using our ACCQPrep high pressure preparative liquid chromatography systems.
- Teledyne ISCO's precision-packed RediSep columns are proving instrumental in the purification of compounds being developed for use in COVID-19 test kits, vaccines, and therapies.