Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2021
7:00 a.m. CDT;
1:00 p.m. CDT; 8:00 p.m. CDT
Speaker: Todd Anderson, Global Chromatography Specialist, Teledyne ISCO
Peaks not coming out where they used to? Not as big as they usually are and don’t look the way they should? These are the clear indicators that something in the method or its execution is off. In this webinar Todd Anderson, Global Chromatography Specialist, Teledyne ISCO, will walk you through the most effective troubleshooting techniques chromatographers use to isolate problems in their systems. He will also discuss proven injection and loading techniques and other best practices for optimizing chromatographic results. And for your longer term success Todd will also address important method development factors geared to extending the life of your column.
- Recognizing problem indicators
- Troubleshooting HPLC methods and procedures
- Pump head problems and associated symptoms
- Detector and flow cell issues and corrective actions
- Sample injection problems
- Loading conditions to improve peak shape
- Sample injection techniques to help prevent blockages
- Tuning your methods to extend column life
From this 45-minute presentation plus interactive Q&A session, attendees will learn to spot common problems earlier and become faster and more confident in troubleshooting them. Labs will save time, money, and trouble by avoiding issues that cause columns to fail prematurely. Also learn how to access Teledyne ISCO chromatography specialists at any time to assist with your prep HPLC applications.
Reverse Phase Flash Method Development Made Easy
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Time(s): 7:00 a.m. CDT; 1:00 p.m. CDT; 8:00 p.m. CDT
Jack Silver, Applications Chemist, Teledyne ISCO
Reverse phase flash chromatography is more challenging than normal phase. Although reverse phase flash methods can be created from thin layer chromatography, the TLC plates may take a very long time to run, especially when using highly-aqueous mobile phases. In this webinar, Jack Silver, Applications Chemist, will explain how to avoid this problem by using analytical HPLC systems instead to create reverse-phase flash chromatography methods.
- Little-known secrets of scale-up from HPLC to flash
- Why matching column chemistries is an essential factor for successful method transfer
- Flash method development tips and tricks
- Calculating flash methods directly from HPLC
- How to know when prep LC will be needed to purify a compound
- Troubleshooting your reverse-phase flash method development
From this 45-minute presentation plus interactive Q&A session, attendees will understand the most important issues impacting reverse-phase flash method development and how to resolve them quickly and effectively using the latest tools and best practices.